Citizen of the world, working and travelling in over 30 countries on 6 continents. International strategic marketing and branding experience, with measurable economic impact in English, French and Spanish working environments. Founded and initiated entrepreneurial activities in social and technology focused start-ups. A team player, with project management skills, striving to develop innovative business solutions.
- 5 years in International trade & economic development
- 10 years part-time experiences in Retail (Northern Reflections, American Eagle, Roots, Temptations Boutique and Serendipity: Second Hand Treasures) & 10 years fashion/product design experience
- 3 years Higher Educational Institutions - Online learning, Entrepreneurial Education & Research
- 2 years in Technology (Gas Chromatography, Software as a Service, Hardware, Mobile Applications, MedTech)
Business Consulting Experience:
I started consulting in my 2nd year of my undergrad in 2006, starting off with SME's and helping entrepreneurs explore their business ideas. I later moved on to work with growth stage companies to develop business plans and marketing strategy. Upon graduation from my undergraduate degree, I starting doing consulting work internationally, helping NFP & NGO's drive growth through expanding their businesses and entering new markets, I was also a key component of the implementation of the strategic plans. In my Master's degree, I did a significant amount of consulting within the University of Waterloo and their entrepreneurially minded students. I worked with engineering Post Doctorates, PHD students and over 200 undergraduate entrepreneurs.
- Agricultural (Blueberries, Coffee)
- Fair Trade (Accessories, Men's Clothing, Women's Clothing)
- Retail (Privately owned Luxury Boutique; Second Hand Boutiques)
- Educational (Spanish as a Second Language, Post-Secondary Institutions)
- Technology (Gas Chromatography, Software as a Service)
- Not-For-Profit (Revenue generating & strategic directions for community, art and business focused not-for profits)
Conrad Centre for Business, Waterloo, Ontario 10/2014 – Present
Waterloo innovation challenge manager
Conrad Centre for Business, Waterloo, Ontario 02/2014 – Present
COURSE DEVELOPER/Research Assistant/Entrepreneurship Advisor
Worked in a team to create an intellectual property course and workshop.
Conducting international research on entrepreneurial organizations & universities
Preparing & conducting workshops with undergraduate students, and giving them one on one mentoring and business development coaching.
Prince’s Charities Canada, Toronto, Ontario 07/2014 - 10/2014
• Created a business incubator program with 8 nonprofit organizations at Artscape’s Daniels Spectrum, using entrepreneurial and management consulting strategies to successfully initiate and implement business development processes, training and event planning.
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario 09/2013 – 09/2014
• Assisted students to grow their entrepreneurial venture and learn about organizational behaviour, by giving one on one attention and providing student with the resources necessary to ensure success.
Fair Trade Group Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal 06/2012 – 07/2013
Product Development Advisor
• Designed product development strategies for 10 different organizations across Nepal compared to an average of 1 organization by most advisors, because of adapting to local culture and taking an entrepreneurial approach to the project.
Medina Women’s Association (AFEME), Dakar, Senegal 10/2011 – 05/2012
Marketing & Branding Advisor
• Conducted primary and secondary research on soap products to expand product lines and increased economic impact by selling the merchandise in Canada, relative to the average advisor who typically ends their mandates once they leave the country, as a result of providing long-term sustainable relationships & access to markets for producers.
Microcredit Foundation (FONCRESOL), La Paz, Bolivia 09/2010 – 07/2011
Fair Trade Marketing Specialist
• Facilitated the direct trade of a $100,000 container of coffee to small coffee businesses in Canada, and was the 1st volunteer to succeed in the mandate by facilitating trust and fair negotiations for both parties.
Conference on Women & Entrepreneurship, Kerala, India -- Speaker
Crossroads International, Virtual -- Marketing Strategist
Initiatives of Change International, CAUX, Switzerland Conference -- Coordinator; Intern
Enactus Carleton, Ottawa, Ontario -- President